Reviewers Wanted

The Hope Chest Reviews is an established review site, founded in July 2008 by a stay-at-home mom who needed a place to share her passion for books. Our specialty is Romance, with appox. 85%-90% of the books we review falling into this genre. The remaining 10%-15% of our reviews encompass an eclectic mix of books from other genres, including Children's, Young Adult, Non-Fiction, Mystery, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Women's Fiction, Historical Fiction and much more. We are committed to providing comprehensive, honest, reader-centric reviews.

We are currently seeking avid readers with strong writing skills who would be interested in reviewing for our site. Since The Hope Chest Reviews is primarily dedicated to romance, you would need to have a love of the genre. However, a number of the books we receive for review come from a wide variety of other genres as well, so readers who aren't averse to branching out from time to time are preferred.

You will be able to choose books to review from a list of the books we currently have available. This way we will be able to make the best possible match with your interests. You will need to read the book in its entirety before submitting a review. We do not expect positive reviews every time, only your honest opinion, but if you feel after giving the book a chance that it is just not your cup of tea, we would be open to negotiating an exchange for a different book.

Your review should be clear and concise, requiring no more than minimal editing. You will need to provide a 1-3 paragraph synopsis for the book you've read, as well as a minimum of 2 paragraphs expressing you opinion of it. A review template will be provided for you to fill out all the necessary information for each review.

We need reviewers who are able to commit to at least one review per month. If you are able to handle more than that just let us know. Books will be assigned one at a time. You will receive a new book each time you submit a review. We do not accept monetary compensation for reviews, but you will receive a free copy of the book you are being asked to review. Most of the books we receive are in digital format, so you would need to own an eReader or be willing to read on you computer. Occasionally, we may have print books that would be mailed to you.

If you are a member of GoodReads, LibraryThing or any other social media sites, you will be allowed to post your review on those sites if you desire, AFTER it has been posted at The Hope Chest Reviews. You must include a note saying that the book was reviewed for The Hope Chest Reviews along with a link to the site. You will receive an email when the review is up, clearing you to post elsewhere. Typically this will occur within just a few days of submitting it to us.

If you are a reader who is interested in reviewing for us, please send an email with your name, email address, how long you have been reading romance, and either a sample review you have written or a link to a site where you have posted a review. We will look over the information you submit and let you know whether you've been accepted to review for us as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.

Become a reviewer for The Hope Chest Reviews.